Plumbing and drainage systems require regular inspections and maintenance to work at their best and avoid serious issues. The hard part about maintaining these areas of your commercial building or home is that they are hard to get to and evaluate.
The best way to evaluate an issue or check on the status of your plumbing is to conduct a video pipe inspection. This is especially important during the winter months when pipes can freeze and time outside of your home are large inconveniences.
What Is a Video Pipe Inspection?
During a video pipe inspection, an expert places a small video camera attached to a flexible rod inside your pipes. This waterproof, dirt-proof device includes an LED light so that we can see everything that’s going on within the pipe.
We can use video pipe inspections to evaluate plumbing, sewer pipes or storm drains. This method has many great benefits from cost savings to evaluating hard-to-detect clogs, leaks or blocks. Here’s a look at the top 7 benefits of video pipe inspections.
Benefits of Video Pipe Inspections
Don’t let your plumbing issues get out of hand. These are the top 7 benefits of video pipe inspections.
- Find lost valuables: it’s a nightmarish moment. You’re cleaning dishes and lose a piece of jewelry down the drainpipe. Or your toddler throws an important item in the sink and you’re worried it’s lost forever. A video pipe inspection can show you exactly where it is and the best course of action to get it back and avoid it clogging up your pipes.
- Locate pipe blocks: if your pipes aren’t draining properly, you might think you have a clog up near the top. But blockages can happen anywhere in the pipes and they can be challenging to locate using other means. And a blockage can be from a source you wouldn’t expect, such as tree roots pressing into your pips or debris inside your pipes. Video camera inspections show exactly where and what the blockage is so you can resolve it accordingly.
- Understand what the clog consists of: knowing what is clogging your pipe and exactly where that clog is will help you determine the best next steps to resolve it. For example, your plumber might use one method to resolve a clog of toilet paper but a totally different one if the clog consists of grease.
- Locate line breaks: broken sewage lines can leak into the foundation of your home or building. If left untreated, this issue causes serious damage that will cost you far more than simple pipe maintenance will. It’s better to get this problem evaluated as soon as possible to avoid larger issues later.
- Pinpoint leak locations quickly: some leaks are very sneaky because they lack the usual clues you would expect. When a leak is located behind your walls or in your home’s slab, you might have a hard time finding it. But a video camera inspection tells you exactly where to repair because we measure the amount of rod that’s gone into your pipes to pinpoint the leak’s location within inches.
- Evaluate hard-to-reach pipes: pipes that run through your walls or near your home’s foundation can be hard-to-reach. But that doesn’t mean they will never go bad. Video pipe inspections help us look at pipes in remote locations.
- Save money on pipe repairs: small defects within your pipes might not be apparent without an inside view. One tiny crack or the beginnings of a tree root invasion could lead to major issues and costly repairs later. But with preventative maintenance, you can avoid big problems by getting things fixed early.
To schedule this valuable service, contact ACS Underground or give us a call 24/7 at 203-544-7190.
ACS UNDERGROUND SOLUTIONS | 7 Benefits Of Conducting A Video Pipe Inspection During the Winter Season
ACS Underground Solutions has been in business since 1997 and we continue to serve our clients during COVID 19 with the CDC safety guidance put in place. Give ACS Underground Solutions a call at 203-544-7190 to find out more about our services. Our office staff is available Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm to answer your questions and schedule an appointment. We are a private family owned consulting company with decades of experience and deep expertise in Water Line Leak Detection, Underground Utility Locating with GPR, Underground Storage Tank Locating, Concrete Imaging & Scanning, Drain Pipe Inspections and Infrared Thermal Imaging Services. ACS Underground Solutions serves Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.