Utility Mark Out Services with Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
Call us today at 203-544-7190 to schedule a utility mark out in CT, NY, NJ, MA, RI
Where can you safely excavate without damaging utility lines? Do you need an underground utility locates before you design a new project?
ACS’s underground utility markout location services help reduce personal injury risks, eliminate costly repairs and delays, add construction efficiency, and more. Call today so ACS can help you determine the depth, direction, and distance of underground utilities before you dig, drill, or design a new project. Call 203.544.7190 or email email@example.com.
Precision Location and Marking of Public or Private Underground Utility Lines
Our underground utility mark out locating field technicians use a proprietary, proven utility locating process along with cable and pipe locator and ground penetrating radar (GPR) technology. The ACS process varies greatly depending on the utility type and pipe or line material. In virtually all cases we can help you identify, mark out, and protect underground utility lines. We locate:
- Electric power lines, cables, conduits, and lighting cables
- Gas, oil, steam, and petroleum lines (steel or plastic)
- Communication, alarm, and signal lines
- Water, irrigation and slurry lines (metallic and nonmetallic)
- Sewer and drain lines
Benefits of ACS underground solutions - our Expertise
Utility avoidance reduces the risk of personal injury and property damage. We mark on site with temporary paint and flags according to the APWA standards
Underground utilities remain intact, avoiding any costly surprises giving you peace of mind
No costly mid-project repairs, extra work, and delays
Utility mark outs greatly reduce exploratory digging and simplifies excavation
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
GPR uses a transmitting antenna that emits pulses of high frequency electromagnetic waves into the subsurface. The penetrating electromagnetic waves are transmitted downward and reflected by changes in the dielectric properties of the underground features to a receiver. GPR data can be collected continuously or at fixed station intervals.
We use this non-intrusive testing method to locate underground utility lines for a broad range of engineering, environmental, and construction purposes. Among them are:
- Detect and delineate buried waste materials (bulk and drummed)
- Locate buried utilities (metallic and non-metallic)
- Evaluate roadway and airport pavement thickness
- Locate buried structural components
- Locate and mark out subsurface voids in or below concrete
- Locate Underground Storage Tanks (UST) and drums
- Conduct environmental test bore clearings
- Perform soil assessments
- Map grave sites and cemeteries
- Perform forensic investigations
- Identify trench line clearances
- Bedrock profiling & mapping services
Environmental Test Bore Clearings
ACS Underground Solutions can clear proposed test bores/environmental test bores on proposed sites. Test bore clearing is performed in the same manner as a utility mark out by attaching to the known utilities and then sweeping the areas in a passive mode and using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) which allows the contractor to drill, excavate and perform their samples for the site with full confidence.